Not content with the $1.05 billion in damages it was awarded last month, Apple filed a motion with Judge Lucy Koh on Friday seeking an additional $707 million from Samsung as well as a permanent ban on U.S. sales of 26 of the Korean company’s smartphones and three of its tablets, Reuters reported yesterday.
Specifically, the iPad maker has requested “a further $400 million damage award for design infringement by Samsung; $135 million for willful infringement of its utility patents; $121 million in supplemental damages based on Samsung’s product sales not covered in the jury’s deliberation; and $50 million of prejudgment interest on damages through December 31.”
As for the injunction, Apple said it ought to cover “any of the infringing products or any other product with a feature or features not more than colorably different from any of the infringing feature or features in any of the Infringing Products.”
Samsung, though, wants last month’s fine reduced by at least $35 million, and in a court filing, the company requested a new trial.
“The Court’s constraints on trial time, witnesses and exhibits were unprecedented for a patent case of this complexity and magnitude, and prevented Samsung from presenting a full and fair case in response to Apple’s many claims,” the company said.
“Samsung therefore respectfully requests that the Court grant a new trial enabling adequate time and even-handed treatment of the parties.”