Tourism involves people traveling from one place to the other for various reasons such as pleasure or business. Tourism also involves accommodation and entertainment, such as hotels, sightseeing places, or adventure activities.
Multiple businesses work in this industry, catering to people’s tourist needs. While mouth to mouth marketing remains one of the most important types of marketing, in today’s generation e-marketing is also quite important. Some tourism companies have developed their applications wherein their customers can do the bookings according to their preferences and choices.
Here are some best applications for tourism in this industry.
- Google Maps – Google Maps is an application that can be used worldwide whether or not travelling to different cities or countries. This app allows you to find the shortest route to a place with less traffic and congestion. People use this to go from one place to the other and from one city to the other. Also, various filters like “restaurants in my way” or “hotels in my way” make the app a suitable choice for people. There are also local apps in the city where you are. You will then know the public transportation schedules. Some apps can also be used for biking. Here’s an example of a bike-sharing technology.
- Airbnb – Airbnb is an application that helps people decide their accommodation. The app lets people rent their rooms, hotels, and apartments. Airbnb is used in a lot of countries by hosts and customers for booking their accommodations.
- Skyscanner – Skyscanner is an application that helps one search for flights from all over the world. People use this application to look for cheap flights, duration, stops, and top deals. Also, this application sends out a notification when there is a change in price or top deals. This helps customers gain better tourism experience and get the best deals possible.
- TripIt – TripIt is a tourism application that helps people with their itinerary when booking confirmation is mailed to them. This app helps in creating itineraries according to customer needs and preferences.
- Rome2rio – Rome2rio helps customers in deciding the best route to a place. It guides them as to which transport to take, at what time, which routes, and many services like these are available on the application.
- TripAdvisor – This application includes all services related to tourism, like the best hotels, airlines, restaurants, bars, places to visit, and many more. Also, it shows people’s reviews, thus enhancing customer services and trust.
- Hotel tonight – HotelTonight is best known for its last-minute bookings when it is quite urgent for someone to book a hotel. It provides discounts on rooms which are empty and are at affordable rates.
- Lounge Buddy – This application helps one find lounges at airports, which lets people freely without any VIP or premium membership. After one enters their details on this application, it sorts if there are any lounges available with the given information.
- Uber – Uber is an application that is used in many countries by various people. When travelling, people prefer to use this application while booking their cars. Also, it eliminates the problem of different currencies as it is an online payment.
- Kayak – Kayak is an application that is also for hotels, rental cars, and preferred flights. There are various deals as well on this application that gives people a better chance at lower rate travel.
These are some of the best applications for tourism when travelling to different places. However, there are many other applications that people use for travel and tourism.