Sleeping problems, such as insomnia, can affect anyone but this disorder is thought to be especially distressing for women. The reason for the prevalence of these sleep disturbances in women is unknown, however, the statistics show that at least one in 4 women in the United States suffer from insomnia, as compared to one in 5 men.
The causes of insomnia can be diverse. They can range from poor sleep hygiene and irregular sleeping patterns to mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety. Whichever reason may be responsible for the onset of sleep disturbances, Ambien 10mg sleeping tablets can be useful for the management of symptoms of insomnia.
This sleeping pill is a sedative-hypnotic medication, which was initially approved for medical use in 1992, and is generally prescribed for the short-term. As a sleep aid, these tablets have a dual-acting role in the management of insomnia symptoms. The sedative properties of the therapeutic help one feel calm and relaxed, as a result of a decrease in neuron excitability, and similarly the hypnotic properties of the medicament assist in making the user fall asleep quicker.
Zolpidem tartrate is the active ingredient in this sleep aid and it is this component which brings forth the therapeutic effects which may help those with insomnia:
· Fall asleep quicker (reduce the time to sleep onset)
· Sleep for longer (increase total sleep time)
· Wake up less during the night (lessens the frequency of middle-of-the-night awakenings)
How Does Ambien Work?
· Zolpidem 10mg is classified as a non-benzodiazepine. These are a class of psychoactive medications, which are related to benzodiazepines as both these classes of medicines are categorised as sedative-hypnotics. However, benzodiazepines and non-benzodiazepines are dissimilar on a molecular level (they have different chemical structures).
· Referred to as “Z-drugs”, zolpidem and other non-benzodiazepines are generally considered safer than benzodiazepines. These sleep-inducing medications function similarly by facilitating the transmission of gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, as a result of binding to GABA receptors.
· GABA is the main neurotransmitter of the central nervous system (CNS) and the primary role of this neurotransmitter is to decrease neuron excitability. The binding of Ambien 10mg to GABA receptors subsequently results in enhanced GABA effects. When administered, this medicine potentiates the inhibitory effects of GABA, allowing the user to feel calm, less tense and better equipped mentally to fall asleep.
Uses of Ambien
· Zolpidem 10mg is typically prescribed for those who have insomnia, or other sleep disorders, as it is effective for improving the duration of sleep, nightly awakenings as well as sleep onset latency. Organisations, such as the National Institute of Health and Excellence (NICE), the American College of Physicians and the European Sleep Research Society, all recommend these sleeping tablets for the treatment of insomnia, albeit as a second line approach.
· One of the most significant features of this medication is that these sleeping pills are available in low dosage formulations. These are the 3.75mg strengths, which are most frequently used for sleep disturbances during the night.
· The average person wakes up at least six times a night, as the body transitions through different cycles of sleep, ranging from shallow to deep states, but nocturnal awakenings are typically common and usual. However, if middle-of the-night awakenings disturb sleep to a point where one is awake for abnormally long periods of time and have difficulties falling asleep again, Ambien 10mg can be administered, in low dosage forms, to assist sleep onset.
· These tablets are immensely efficacious in helping with nocturnal awakenings, albeit with proper use. The low dosage formulations of this therapeutic can only be administered if the user has at least four hours of sleep remaining of the night, before they have to awaken.
What are the Different Forms of Ambien?
· Ambien can be found as conventional tablets, oral sprays as well as sublingual pills. The conventional tablets are the usual oral medications that are administered by mouth, and with a drink of water. Sublingual tablets are administered in a similar manner, that is, by mouth; however, these tablets do not require a drink of water as they dissolve on the tongue.
· You can also buy zolpidem online in an oral spray formulation. These forms of the medication are essentially an oral solution which is to be administered by spraying the medicament into the mouth, over the tongue.
· Ambien tablets are available in two release-controlled formulations. These are the immediate-release and extended-release forms. Immediate-release tablets are exactly as their name suggests, fast-acting. The active ingredient is released without delay, after administration. These are effective if you require rapid relief from your symptoms.
· Extended-release zolpidem tablets are formulated to work over longer periods of time, as they release the active components of the therapeutic slower than the fast-acting sleep aids. These pills are designed with bi-layer formulations, the first layer helps one swiftly fall asleep, whilst the release of the second layer assists the user with sleep maintenance.
How Much Ambien Should I Use?
· Zolpidem 10mg was the initial advised recommendation of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for both men and women. However, this dose was revised after the FDA required further information regarding next-day sedation in women.
· Next-day sedation or somnolence is the effects of the sleep medicines, the day after administration of the tablets. These effects were reported as being elevated for women when 10mg of the sleep aid was used for insomnia. Female clinical trial patients were shown to experience impaired driving performances and other impairments too.
· The results of this study prompted the FDA to reduce the recommended dosage of these sleeping pills from 10mg to 5mg (half the advised dose) for women. Men are still advised to use 10mg of this medication.
· The general rule of thumb is to begin Ambien treatment with the lowest, effective dosage. As your body becomes accustomed to the therapeutic and shows minimal, if not none, signs of intolerance, these dosages may be steadily increased. The use of higher doses of medicines is often related to an increased risk of side effects.
For further information on the recommended dosages of this sleep therapeutic, you can consult our website when you buy Ambien online.