Video conferencing is a new technique that is emerging in the digital world and is now being used for a variety of purposes. This technique is used by companies for several purposes like employee training, interviewing employees etc. Ways in which video conferencing is used in business can be described as follows. Despite the various favoring and contradicting views, video conferencing is seen as a positive addition into the world of technology. Offering benefits specially to the world of business, video conferencing offers an easier and an efficient source of communication between employers and employees.
- Meeting requiring quick decisions: Making swift decisions and conclusions in the absence of the employee can be troublesome as it deprives the employer of the facial expressions and body language which are crucial determiners of confidence regarding the persons decision. Video conferencing hence helps in identifying the persons body language and expression. It is believed that 70% of communication is nonverbal and video conferences allow you to explore these nonverbal communications. This is among the best ways to use video conferencing for consulting employees who may be afar and not in direct contact or those who are working in online jobs for various employers.
- Video conference sales meeting: Video conferences are also used for conducting sales meeting and contacting decision makers who may be out of the office allowing them to be involved in the sales processes. One major use is the convenient access to recordings of vital meetings and is usually used by important business members to keep record and check of the meetings. Video conference sales meetings are a latest technology and strategy that gives a positive impact that your company is up to date which could provide you a benefit over the other firms. Video conferencing is essentially used for by salespersons to assess the interest of the prospect and judge whether or not spend time to travel.
- Using video conferencing to train employees: this use of video conferencing is for companies with various locations who need to contact their employees working from different areas around the globe. These companies can easily train their employees through online video conferencing. Not only are these live online training sessions but can also be recorded training sessions that can be replayed several times by the employee to make sure that the instructions are clear and so they can comprehend them.
- Connecting employees: Video conferencing is used by branch office employers to keep contact with one another so they don’t feel disconnected from them and can coordinate better. When there are any sale offers provided by a particular company, all the branches can coordinate with the help of video conferencing whether local or anywhere around the world. Similarly, when a company celebrates an important achievement, all the companies branches whether local or elsewhere can join in the celebrations. This leads to an increased productivity, improved morale and lower turnover rate as a result of strengthening of personal bonds among the local or international branch employees.
- Hiring Employees by way of a Video Conference: Video conferencing is also now serving the same function. Some companies make use of video conferencing to hire employees by viewing all prospective employees who wish to join the job. The use of video conferencing can help choose the best candidates among all other potential candidates saving time and effort to travel for example.
One such site that makes use of the technology of video conferencing is Roundee.io which offers an access to making video calls and contacting people. The site provides several options like video room, meeting recording, time stamped notes, invitation, screen share and whiteboard. The access of full meeting recordings being available right after the meeting allow employers to keep tract of the meeting and view everything that had taken place. The site offers quick access and easy way to direct a video conference call with one click. Up to 6 people can be contacted in one meeting and it is an easy way of inviting people through email etc. Hence video conferencing is a very convenient and sa new emerging way to aid companies in various areas.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.