According to POSQuote, Bluetooth barcode scanners are necessary equipment for your point of sale. They perform the same function as the older wired models but eliminate the numerous cables that congest your workstation.
Selecting the best Bluetooth scanner for your POS can be draining. This article provides you with the best Bluetooth scanners for POS.
Why Do I Need a Bluetooth Scanner for my Point of Sale?
Bluetooth scanners are easy to use and more versatile. They are built to provide more functionality to your business. Moreover, they don’t come with space-consuming hardware, so they offer you a lot more space. Let’s look at some more reasons why you should get one for your point of sale.
- They are more durable and can withstand harsh usage conditions.
- They make your work faster and easier. Some Bluetooth scanners even come with an inbuilt inventory system.
- Bluetooth scanners are automated and therefore reduce human error. Besides, they can help you keep track of your inventory and reduce theft.
- They are easy to use and come with a wide range that allows you to track your items remotely.
What Are Some Tips for Selecting the Best Bluetooth Scanners for Retail POS?
Now that we have established that you need a Bluetooth scanner for your sales point let’s show you can select the best. Questions to inform your selection are listed below.
Consider the size and nature of your business.
If your business involves scanning items for an extended period, you should get a Bluetooth scanner with extended battery life. Check our list of Bluetooth scanners to find those that offer you extra battery life.
Consider the location it will be used in
It is important to consider the location because some scanners work best outdoors, some indoors, while others adapt to any lighting condition. The Bluetooth scanner you choose should be built to cater to your lighting environment.
What scanning range will you want?
Some handheld Bluetooth scanners allow you to use them at great distances from your point of sales. While some scanners have short distance range, others boast of long-range. So pick a scanner that can suit the distance you have in mind.
Keep in mind the nature of your workplace.
It is best to go for sturdy, durable scanners if you work in a harsh environment. These scanners with the sturdy design are built to survive many falls.
You don’t have to break the bank to get a Bluetooth scanner. Many within your budget have the features you need. Some less expensive brands are as efficient as the more expensive Bluetooth scanners.
What are the Best Bluetooth Scanners for Retail Point of Sale?
The best retail point of sale Bluetooth scanners for your business will depend on your business’s needs. We have, however, compiled a list of the best Bluetooth scanners for point of sales. Go through their features to find one that works best for your business.
Inateck BCST-10 Wireless Bluetooth Scanner.
The Inateck BCST Bluetooth scanner is easy to install and has a range of 35m. It is built in a way that gives you a comfortable grip and has a USB interface.
- It has a great recognition ability – the Bluetooth can read many kinds of 1D barcode. It comes with support for lightning scanning and can be used to upload blurry or broken barcodes.
- Long Battery Life – it comes with a 1500mAH Li-ion battery and a standby of six months. Once this scanner is charged fully, it can be used for 15 days. It is perfect for your small business because it has reduced downtime and no interruptions.
- Connection Distance – the scan range of this Bluetooth scanner reaches to up to 35m
- It is sturdy – the external casing is twice as thick as other Bluetooth scanners. Internal parts are also made stronger using triple combination treatment. Because of the extra protection, it can withstand repeated drops that may result in business.
- It sports a large internal memory of 256kb. This memory space can store up to 2600 strings of data.
- High scanning resolution accuracy.
- Other unique features include 32 digits prefix or suffix and an ability to hide a barcode part.
- It is not the most durable scanner on the market
- It might work better if the USB is activated.
Teemi TMCT-10 Wireless Bluetooth Barcode Scanner
Teemi TMCT-10 Bluetooth scanner is designed to suit the needs of your point of sale system. It comes with a sleek design, as well as a power adapter and Bluetooth dongle. You can use it as a Bluetooth scanner or connect it via the USB interface.
- It can be connected via Bluetooth or USB to your point of sale system
- It has a strong and durable battery. The battery capacity is 1500MAh Li-on
- It is cost-efficient. It is among the best Bluetooth scanner around its price range.
- It comes with a USB cable and Bluetooth adapter for extra functionality.
- The resolution of the Teemi Bluetooth scanner is 3mil.
- It is sturdy and capable of surviving long-distance falls.
- It works on most software and operating systems such as Linux, Android, etc.
- The manual is written in bad English that makes it hard to comprehend.
- Installing the Teemi Bluetooth scanner can be very tough.
- It is incompatible with some versions of the Windows Operating System.
- POS-X Xi3000-BT Bluetooth Barcode Scanner
The POS-X Xi3000-BT barcode scanner features a combination of high reliability and great performance. It has a strong, shock-resistant body along with improved auto-sensing capacity. The wide line-of-sight range this scanner features allow you to use it for as much as 50m away from your work station.
- Suited for small or medium businesses
- The rubbery body is shock absorbent and rugged
- It has a base station to hold it up and tight in the cradle.
- Capable of withstanding the roughness of your business.
- Has a 50m range and reconnects when the signal is interrupted.
- It comes with a standby battery that can be charged by the base station.
- The scanning pitch may be adapted to suit your business environment.
- It has a loud scan tune, which, while suited for noisy environments, maybe disruptive for quieter ones.
- The base station of this Bluetooth scanner does not use auto-sense technology.
Socket Mobile 7Ci CX2870-1409 Bluetooth Cordless Hand Scanner for POS
The socket mobile Bluetooth scanner is designed to be portable. It comes with a belt clip to attach it to your belt for improved mobility. It offers you high-quality performance and top-notch images.
- It comes with two rechargeable batteries that can be replaced easily.
- Also included in the package is a complete USB Kit.
- Has a strong battery pack capable of lasting you 19 hours when fully charged.
- Offers you high definition resolution of up to 5mil
- The Bluetooth connection has a range of over 30m
- The socket mobile Bluetooth scanner is small and can be attached to your belt while you work via the belt clip.
- It comes with added software to improve its functionality.
- The socket handheld mobile scanner can read damaged and even broken codes.
- Even though it is an apple certified scanner, it works well with other devices allowing you variety.
- The socket mobile Bluetooth scanner operates at speed slower than that of laser scanners.
- It costs a little more than the other scanners in its range.
- Compared to the other scanners in its range, the battery life is not as impressive.
Shonco Bluetooth Scanner for Point of Sale
The Shonco Bluetooth scanner is one of the best points of sale Bluetooth scanners in the market. It features a Li-ion battery capacity of 1500MAh and an impressive battery life. The scanner comes with an inventory model that allows you to keep count of the number of items that have been scanned.
- For the quality of service it offers you, it is very cheap.
- It has super long battery life. It packs an impressive rechargeable 1500mAh Li-ion battery and a power adapter.
- The Bluetooth POS scanner comes with a small USB dongle.
- It has a resolution of 3mil.
- You will find the Shonco Bluetooth scanner very easy to install
- The Shonco Bluetooth scanner comes with an inventory model that allows you to track the number of scanned items.
- It can transmit information to the Computerized Maintainance Management System.
- The Shonco Bluetooth scanner may not be compatible with some apps.
Comparison of the Best Bluetooth Scanners for Retail POS.
|Socket Mobile 7Ci-CX2870-1409
|More than 24 hours
Bluetooth scanners are the most for your point of sales. They help increase efficiency and are cost-effective. The Shonco and Inateck BCST-10 Bluetooth scanners are among the best Bluetooth scanners for POS. We have provided you with the best Bluetooth scanners for retail POS; go ahead and choose one.