Local marketing is a major element of effective product promotion – it can boost your local search rankings and raise brand awareness. Companies of all sizes can benefit from it. Let’s take a look at some local marketing tips to implement today:
Tip #1: Leverage Social Media
When promoting your products, connect with your customers via social media. To achieve the best results, it’s best to try a few options to see which produce the best results. Here are some of the highest-rated SMM platforms for local strategies:
- Facebook – With 2.23 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a top choice for businesses looking to promote their brand locally. Use targeting options for paid ads; you can specify your ideal customers by area, age, and a number of other options. Use Facebook to push adverts that are tailor-made for your customer base.
- Instagram – Instagram has 1 billion+ monthly active users. In recent years, it’s grown in popularity for product promotion. Instagram’s visual focus makes it an ideal platform for brands looking to share images and videos of their products. Run UGC campaigns to reach a larger audience.
- Pinterest – Around 93% of Pinterest users say that they use the platform to plan their future purchases. Pins can usually be viewed months after being posted. In order to optimize your results locally, make sure you post at peak times. Try creating boards and pins with local references for the most impact.
Tip #2: Keep Your Ad Materials Branded
Whether you’re sharing marketing materials on or offline, you need to keep your branding consistent. Customers will see your brand and may come across your landing pages several times before making a purchase, so make your message to be recognizable. Put your logo on flyers, use consistent fonts and brand colors. Create a branding package so everyone involved in advertising has easy access to brand guidelines.
Tip #3: Attend & Advertise at Local Events
Even when you don’t have a physical presence in your target region, you can get involved in the local community. Find out if you can take part in event sponsorship and increase awareness in your brand. Or, pop-up shops are a fun option. Leverage unused spaces in your area to sell your products for a few days — attract local attention, reach out to seasonal shoppers, provide a personalized experience, and talk to your customers in person.
Tip #4: Focus on Word-of-Mouth
Word-of-mouth is one of the oldest, most reliable ways of creating awareness of your product and driving sales. 75% of customers have said that they rely on online reviews when considering whether to buy from a local business. Online, it’s easy for customers to share their experience with others, reach more people, and share content and information. Testimonials and glowing Yelp reviews from satisfied customers can go a long way.
Tip #5: Actively Generate Web traffic
To deliver your product message to your customers, start by increasing your web traffic. Some ways you can do this are:
- SEO – When implemented correctly, local SEO is one of the best ways to achieve predictable, compounding web traffic. For the best results, look at your keyword strategy, granular keyword research, and optimize your site structure to ensure you get the best performance from your efforts – like building links back to your website and between different category pages.
- Content – Regular blog posts can be used to promote your store and products, and to drive web traffic. Research shows that websites that post blogs more often get higher levels of web traffic. You can also approach other bloggers or social media influencers in the area to see if they will feature your products on their site.
- Email marketing – Email can help attract new local customers and retain existing ones. Set up automated email campaigns to welcome new subscribers, offer incentives, up-sell certain products, email visitors who didn’t complete their purchase, or send follow-up communications.
When it comes to increasing sales, engagement, and the overall success of your business, the key is to reach as many potential customers as possible. By following this advice, you assure the effective delivery of your product promotion message.
Join the discussion on this topic with The Tech Block by visiting our contact page.