Enterprise execs across Australia are making the offsite cloud backup switch and for very good reason. The system is designed to bolster cyber security, streamline disaster recovery and provide increased access from wherever you and your team may be!
This, alongside some other truly vital benefits, are why companies in Oz and across the globe are allowing their data, files and systems to be saved to an external operator.
So, with this in mind, we thought we would look into why enlisting the best cloud backup Australia has available is a winning solution for your company:
What are the three offsite solutions?
There are three offsite solutions, each containing their own special benefits.
- Tape systems: The mainstay of data storage, tapes have long been a trusty and reliable method of storing large data volumes. However, as we move toward the digital approach, they are becoming less favourable as there are risks associated with tape storage.
- Cloud backup: This is the most advanced data storage form; the one that came to shake up the game and spoil the tape storage party. Data is stored digitally and handled by the storage operator, who handles all systems so that your company doesn’t have to worry about losing data onsite, making data retention a smooth and streamlined process.
- Hybrid solutions: These combine local and cloud backups, producing an optimised solution that reduces risks. Data can easily be saved on-premises and then replicated for the offsite provider, making it another valuable solution for companies looking to enhance their data storage systems.
The key benefits of offsite storage
There are so many incredible benefits to this awesome solution, and this is why your company cannot afford to continue overlooking it:
- It makes disaster recovery a breeze
It may almost sound far-fetched but believe us, it’s not: a company’s data is susceptible to human made and natural disasters. For this very reason, organisations use offsite storage systems to easily retrieve their data in case of something wild happening to their physical premises.
- It’s highly scalable
One of the best things about offsite storage is its scalability: it can easily be done as it is much cheaper to purchase subscription fees linked to storage than it is to purchase extra software or hardware, as would happen with local data.
When using a cloud backup solution, your storage choices are only restrained by your budget and objectives – this means that your storage can be increased or decreased in real time and without any hassles.
- It bolsters cybersecurity
Natural incidents aside, cyberthreats are constantly on the rise, and if some nasty ransomware were to worm its way into your systems, your data will almost certainly be compromised. Offsite solutions are typically disconnected from main networks, ensuring ransomware and malware attacks aren’t much of an issue (oh, and it can restore your data to its pre-attack state!).
- It reduces costs
On premise storage can often be more expensive than its offsite counterpart, ensuring you don’t have to purchase and maintain super expensive software and hardware whilst easing the load on your current IT resources.
- It makes accessing data simple
It’s super simple to access your offsite data from wherever you’re located. Your data is not only highly secure at the offsite location, but also easily accessible, making it a safe solution that also frees up onsite space and resources.
As you can see, they are a pretty amazing business tech solution when it comes to accessibility, flexibility and safety – you should really consider making the switch if you are yet to do so…