Hacker attacks happen even in companies that have a very high level of cyberspace protection. Increasingly, you hear about cybercriminals hacking into government networks or hacking websites and social media profiles of famous people. Such hacking attempts are inevitable, the more that many spheres of our private and professional life are increasingly moving into the cyberspace and there is no indication that this would change. Data has now become the most valuable currency. Fortunately, our data does not necessarily have to be an easy target for cybercriminals.
How to prevent such incidents and their consequences with help of CDeX? One way is by incident response. Read on to find out what it’s all about and how can it affect cybersecurity!
Incident response – the basics
In case of a cyberattack, the time and manner of response are very important. The security team should be always prepared for such a possibility. For this reason, incident response was created. It is a specific set of procedures used when encountering a threat posed by a cybercriminal. These rules are used not only to recognize a hacker, but also to reduce or even completely eliminate the threat before the cybercriminal can do any harm.
The entire procedure consists of 6 basic steps, allowing for a quick and well-thought-out reaction:
- Preparation – consists in the preparation of methods, security measures and full protection of the organization’s data.
- Identification – this is the recognition of the start of a hacker attack or attack attempt.
- Stopping the attack – at this step, the work of cybersecurity specialists begins, whose task is to stop the cyberattacker and his activity before subsequent hacking attempts.
- Elimination – consists in getting rid of the cybercriminal from the space of the company or organization, while at the same time recognizing subsequent hacking attempts.
- Restoration of systems and their data.
- Conclusions – each attack should be monitored by cyber security specialists who, thanks to reports, will be able to improve the next incident response.
How to improve cyber security using cyber ranges?
In order to improve the quality of actions carried out against cybercriminals, it is worth taking part in special training sessions prepared by cyber ranges such as CDeX. The platform offers specialized and remote training tailored to the client’s needs. During the exercises the skills of employees dealing with cyber protection are tested.
The most important element of any training in the field of cybersecurity is that the exercises take place in conditions as close as possible to those of a real hacking attack. One of the goals of cyber ranges such as CDeX is to create conditions that will best test cybersecurity and the skills of specialists.
Regular training will help strenghten incident response and reduce the consequences of a hacker attack. Furthermore, participating in such exercises may improve the overall proficiency and response efficiency of the entire cybersecurity team.