When it comes to operating in the modern business world, social media is a must. If you own a business now and don’t use social media as part of your business strategy, it is something worth considering. The reasons are very simple and make perfect business sense – it’s where all your customers hang out! Social media helps you to connect with the ones that you have and reach out to all the millions of potential customers out there.
It also allows you to build your brand in a more fun, informal way that the public respond to better now. Interactions become more personal and customers have a way to find out more information about you before they decide to use your services.
One of the very best social media channels to use for business is Twitter.
Why use Twitter for business?
For some business owners, the mention of using Twitter for their business can raise an eyebrow. In the past, Twitter was always seen as one of the more personal social media platforms rather than one suitable for business. This perception has changed in recent times though as the public increasingly use Twitter in this way. It is now thought that 330 million people worldwide use Twitter, with 69 million in the US having a Twitter account. This makes it impossible to ignore as a business tool.
Five reasons to get onto Twitter right now
If you haven’t got a Twitter account for your business yet, here are five great reasons to get it created:
- All your competitors are on it – this is a good enough reason on its own, without taking anything else into account. While you are not on Twitter interacting with customers, your competitors probably are. This means that they are taking business that could be yours as well as being the visible brand in your sector and region. Most businesses now, from the smallest to the largest, will have a corporate Twitter account to help stay on top of their game.
- Positive consumer impression – the public expect your organization to be active on all the main social media channels now, including Twitter. By being part of Twitter, you are showing that you understand what they want and that you are a modern organization. It also helps to create a positive brand image of a company that is fully engaged with the latest developments in business. If you don’t use Twitter or social media at all, people will begin to distrust you and your relevance.
- Instant way to release news – one great advantage of Twitter for business is that it gives a direct, fast way to give customers information. Maybe you have a special offer on for one day only or a last-minute change of plan for an event. Twitter is a great way to let people know of this in the most efficient way possible for you. With one Tweet, everyone who needs to know can see it. This is naturally much quicker than composing lots of emails or doing a mailshot. It also has the bonus that people will actually look at Twitter!
- Helps you stand out – one of the great things about Twitter is that it’s a bit less stuffy than other channels. This allows you to add more personality into your account to help consumers know more about your business on a personal level. Business and marketing consultant, Stan Gershengoren, makes use of his account to inform and engage others about the industry in which he operates. With business professionals like Stan Gershengoren on Twitter, the platform offers a wide range of accounts which you can use as inspiration to create your own strategy.
- Superb networking tool – Twitter will give you a truly global chance to network. With so many users, it gives access to literally millions of other businesses in your sector to meet. This could soon lead to new contracts being sourced, new partnerships being agreed, or just best practice shared between you.
Twitter is a great tool for any business
Where once there were other social media channels that took prominence for business, Twitter is now right up there with them. Of course, to make the best use of social media, you should use all of the ones that you think can help your organization. Twitter should certainly be one of these, however, for the many fabulous business benefits that it brings. If you haven’t set up one already, what are you waiting for? Create your account and get tweeting – you will not regret it!