A laptop that lags during gaming can be a very disappointing thing. Are you still stuck in hitting the goal, while the defender has snatched a point mid-game?
And, you are still stuck in the Bermuda triangle of ASW, while the laptop is stuck at one point!?
Welcome to the club!
The lagging laptop has been the major concern for most of the gamers as well as professionals. Unfortunately, there just cannot be one specific reason for the same!
This article lets you explore a few reasons why gaming laptops hang a lot. You can also explore more about the best laptop configuration to have smooth gameplay.
Reasons for lagging laptop
Though there might be multiple reasons for a lagging laptop, yet a couple of important reasons are:
1. Hardware requirements: Often the hardware which is required for running the game on the laptop is more than what the laptop currently has. This might result in slowing down of the laptop or lagging of the same. Outdated hardware could be the major reason, thus upgrading the laptop is often the best solution
Generally, an old laptop lags more when gaming. Even it happens for Alienware laptops too, which are specially built for gaming. Under such a situation, it gets very important to deal with the issue of a lagging laptop. You might think to sell Alienware laptop, but it is often not the optimal solution.
You might need to change some of the settings of the laptop that will help your PC to run smoother.
2. Software issues: Any laptop which is infected with a virus will not function properly. Instead, the laptop might lag under such a circumstance. Moreover, it might also lead to important files in your laptop to get corrupted.
Let us explore a few of the settings for smooth gameplay
Ways to reduce the lag in the Laptop
1. Switching off the internet: If you are playing an offline game on your laptop, it is always recommended to switch off your internet. There are numerous applications that run in the background, as you play the game. If they stay connected with the internet, they might get updates automatically. This often results in hindering the performance of the laptop, as the CPU usage gets fragmented.
2. Using an anti-virus: Often, the corrupted software in the laptop might result in the lag of your laptop. The best measure is to get new anti-virus software, which might help in doing away with the lag. Moreover, the numerous cyber-crimes will also be handled by the anti-virus.
3. Clean your system: Get the junk files and folders away from your system at the earliest. It is important to keep your system light, agile, and dynamic if you are using it for gaming purpose.
4. Say goodbye to tray programs: The programs which self-start as and when you start your system are called the tray programs. Make sure you do away with these tray programs for good, as this might help in reducing the space of your system.
5. Look for updates: Keep your system always updated. This might result in removing the lag as the new updates come along with advanced software features. These features help to make the system more agile. Hence, keep the drivers and the apps updated regularly!
6. Know the power optimization option: Keep the power optimization options as per the requirement. The default is balanced. If your laptop is still suffering from the delay, check if the system is in the Power Saver option. Often, the power saver option might lead to reduced performance. Instead, look forward to using the system in the High-Performance setting.
7. Clean your disk: Clean the disk quite often as this might help in removing the temporary files from the system as well. It is suggested to run a clean disk of your system to keep it healthy.
Conclusion: Having a faster laptop always enhances the fun of gaming! Make sure your laptop stays ahead by using the above tricks! Don’t forget to defragment the drive once, to gain a better performance.