Are you the type of business owner that likes to handle as many digital marketing tasks as you can? Does this extend to copywriting? While you may think that writing a blog, or even your own web copy, is no big deal, a lot more goes into copywriting than you may think!
As a professional Adwords agency in Sydney, Esteem Media offers professional copywriting services among other digital marketing solutions. Over the years, we have become very familiar with the common mistakes that business owners make when it comes to copywriting. Often to their detriment, many business owners attempt to take the copywriting needs of their business’s digital marketing efforts into their own hands!
The Importance Of Good Copy
The first thing that we need to acknowledge is how important quality copy is. Having well-written marketing material is extremely important when it comes to the public’s perception of your business. How often have you cringed at grammatical errors on websites or a misspelling on a menu? But grammar and spelling is just the beginning; quality copy is so much more than that!
Copywriters need to think about who the target audience is, the features that need to be highlighted, important keywords, engaging headers, and so much more!
Common Copywriting Mistakes That Business Owners Make
As most business owners have not been trained in copywriting, they often make the following mistakes:
- Not proofreading – By not proofreading their attempts at copywriting, business owners allow spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors to sneak into their copy. These mistakes portray your business in a very unprofessional light, and this is why proofreading and editing are so important.
- Not focusing on the customer – It is very easy to slip into the mistake of writing about your business but not focusing on the customer. Everything you say should take the customer’s perspective into account.
- Mixing up features and benefits – This is one of the little things that professional copywriters know how to get right. The features of your business are not necessarily the unique benefits that your business offers.
- Not including CTAs – CTA stands for ’call to action’. They provide an opportunity for the potential customer to perform a desired action such as calling, subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, etc.
- Not writing enough copy – Business owners are busy and often don’t have enough time to write the necessary copy needed for their business.
Why You Shouldn’t Write Your Own Copy As A Business Owner
Unless you have some copywriting training and experience behind you, you should not attempt to do your own copywriting as a business owner. This is because you could actually damage your reputation and even blacklist your site through badly written copy and plagiarism.
While you may think that writing is fairly simple, there is a lot more that goes into copywriting than you may think. Professional copywriting involves a wide variety of techniques. For instance, if you want your site to be optimised for SEO, you’ll need to have an in-depth knowledge of keywords before writing any web copy.
Ways In Which You Can Be Involved In Copywriting
As a content creation agency in Sydney, the Esteem Media team will be more than happy to collaborate with the business owner in some way. In fact, many agencies and freelance copywriters welcome business owners to be involved. When a business owner supplies information regarding their target audience, desired tone and important features, it is easier for the copywriter to write the best copy for your needs. Copywriting is definitely a process that you can be involved in!
Hiring Copywriting Services In Sydney
Hiring professional copywriting services will ensure that all of the text on your website and your digital marketing efforts will accurately reflect your brand. Professional copywriters know how to engage your ideal audience and bring you more website traffic. Most agencies offering digital marketing solutions in Sydney will offer professional copywriting as part of their packages.
Are you looking for a professional Adwords agency in Sydney? Here at Esteem Media, we offer a range of digital marketing solutions in Sydney, including professional copywriting! Get in touch with us today to find out more about how our wordsmiths can engage with your ideal audience.